« Home | Currently Playing... (4/22 - 4/29) » | 360 Problems: Strike I » | Currently Playing... (4/15 - 4/21) » | Alive and Well » | Let's Make It a Fight Night » | 360 Degrees of Financial Separation » | Getting to Know You, Part I (djkibblesnbits) » | Pick Up That Controller! » 

Friday, April 28, 2006 

Un-be-Wii-ve-ble

In case you haven't heard the hubbub running rampant online, today, Nintendo announced that they have finalized a name for their upcoming next-gen gaming console, which until now has been known as the "Revolution." Now, the Revolution is known as the "Wii." (pronounced "Wee") I'll spare everyone the toilet humor that's been lighting up message boards all over gaming sites, and just get right to the point: I really don't see what the big deal is. From what I can gather, gamers all over are at odds with the name, and have reacted negatively to the name change, some calling it the "worst name for a video gaming system ever." Uhh, no, buddy. The worst name for a video game system was, and always will be the "Xbox." Of course, it's hard for people to see that because the name has grown on us as a result of years of conditioning.

Seriously, I don't see what the big deal is with the name. Call me a "weenie" (heh, heh, I couldn't help it) but, I actually kind of like it. It's definitely original, and should become part of a typical gamer's discourse over the next few months.

Check out Nintendo's page where you can see the official announcement straight off the site. Head over to Nintendo,com.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!! :-)