« Home | 360 Problems: Strike I » | Currently Playing... (4/15 - 4/21) » | Alive and Well » | Let's Make It a Fight Night » | 360 Degrees of Financial Separation » | Getting to Know You, Part I (djkibblesnbits) » | Pick Up That Controller! » 

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 

Currently Playing... (4/22 - 4/29)

Once again, here's djkibblesnbits with his gaming week.

So, as a result of my Xbox 360 issues, I am forced to play other games to pass the time and keep me from going "Kaboom" at finals time. (Ah, the stresses and duties of being a college student):

1) Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day: If this game had come out 12 years ago, I would've probably been like, "ewwwwwwwww." Alas, however, I'm an old fart (at least according to the 9-year olds on Xbox Live), and as a result, my tastes in gaming have changed over the years. Now, I don't mind playing a game rife with math problems, word games, IQ tests, and Sudoku. Why, you ask? Because, it's actually fun! (And, there's something to be said about a game that actually makes you feel guilty for not using your brain) Current Brain Age: 26.

2) Halo 2: Yes, the game might be over a year and a half old, but that doesn't mean that it's still not poppin', especially online. Even after all this time, there are still thousands of people playing online, 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. Sure, it sucks getting owned by 6-year olds, but getting killed over and over is worth scoring the ultimate kill against pre-pubescent, foul-mouthed, budding racists: The bitch slap. Hey, if their parents don't do it, SOMEONE has to!

3) Marvel vs. Capcom: I'm a huge fan of the now classic Sega Dreamcast system, and one of the best games released on the system was an arcade-perfect port of Marvel vs. Capcom. Tournaments get pretty fierce when this game is loaded.

4) Soul Caliber 2: Every once in awhile, I get the jones to play Soul Caliber 2, arguably the greatest fighting game ever made. Every single character kicks ass in this game, and it's so easy to get into, but yet incredibly hard to master. SC2 makes DOA 4 look like crap in comparison. This is one of those games that will get just about anyone amped up and ready to talk trash. (Just in case you were wondering, I play the Gamecube version exclusively)

Hope ya'll enjoy your gaming week!