« Home | Alive and Well » | Let's Make It a Fight Night » | 360 Degrees of Financial Separation » | Getting to Know You, Part I (djkibblesnbits) » | Pick Up That Controller! » 

Saturday, April 15, 2006 

Currently Playing... (4/15 - 4/21)

Every week, the writers of PSTP will write about their gaming agendas for the past week and give you a glimpse into what's been holding their attention. This week, djkibblesnbits will kick off the section with his past gaming week.

I'm nearing the end of the semester, but that doesn't mean I don't have time for a few games here and there in between assignments. It's all about the 360 this week, as it has been for the better part of April.

1) Fight Night Rd. 3: Trying to win the middleweight belt. Currently have a 28-2 record with my created character. So far, I racked up 750 XBox Achievement points with this game. My e-penis continues to grow...

2) Condemned: Criminal Origins: I squeal like a little girl everytime I play this game. Not from being scared, but from the thrill of kicking everyone over and over again when their on the ground. BAM, bitch! A kick to the face!!!

3) Geometry Wars: I am on a quest to reach 200,000 points. I don't know how the hell people can score freaking 10 million, 12 million in this game. I'm sure with a little more practice, the doors to the million-point barrier will open.

4) The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: MUST...STAY...AWAY...FROM..THIS GAME... This is the absolute WORST game to play during finals time. Once you pop it in, it ain't coming out. (I'm talking about the game folks, the game!)

5. Call of Duty 2: I haven't had this much fun throwing grenades since, well, since I played Black.

What are the XBox achievement points?

When the 360 came out, MSoft introduced the Xbox Achievement Point scheme. In a nutshell, the more games you play, and the more you progress in each one, the more "Achievement Points" you unlock for your Xbox Live Gamertag. Anyone on your Friends List on Xbox Live can check out your profile and see how many Achievement Points you've unlocked over the course of your Gamertag's lifetime. These points don't really do anything other than create a way for gamers to compete with one another over who has the most Achievement Points.

Each 360 game has 1000 Achievement Points up for grabs. It's up to the developers of these games to determine what needs to be done in order to unlock these Achievement Points. Perhaps you need to reach a certain score, or defeat a certain boss; it all depends on what game you're playing.

Games purchased on the Xbox Live Marketplace only have 200 APs to offer. (Like Geometry Wars, for example)

So, when I said I unlocked 750 APs in "Fight Night", I only have 250 more APs to go in order to completely finish off that game.

Post a Comment