« Home | Classic Gaming Wednesday » | What's On? » | Currently Playing (8/11-8/18) » | "SEGA!!" » | The Sega Genesis Collection: A Retro Gamer's Wet D... » | Classic Gaming Wednesday » | E3: Just Taking a "Chill Pill" » | They Say "Inflation", We Say, "Womp, Womp" » | Gaming Fo' Your Ears! » | Making the Most Out of Your (Dead) "Rising" Quickie » 

Friday, August 18, 2006 

Currently Playing (8/19 - 8/26)

With all the Madden fans counting down the days for "Maddenoliday" on August 22nd, and everyone else waiting for any kind of news related to the upcoming next-gen releases from Sony and Nintendo, djkibblesnbits reminds us that there are still plenty of games out there to tide you over until then.

Dead Rising (Xbox 360): It's been a long time since I've played a game that was as frustrating as this one, but yet somehow kept me coming back for more a couple of hours later. This just might be the first game on the 360 that'll make me throw my controller out the window in frustration, only for me to run all the way down to get it back, apologizing profusely to it. "I'm sorry 360 controller, I'm sorry." (Look out for my review of the game real soon...)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360): The grip that Oblivion has had on my life has been replaced by Dead Rising, but that still doesn't mean that Tamriel doesn't have enough for me to do to warrant a comeback every once in awhile. Hell, I still haven't even gone through half the game's story line!

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (Sony PSP): I was so happy to hear that Square-Enix decided to port this wonderful Playstation classic to the PSP. With original copies selling for more than $100 on eBay, I was afraid that I would never get a chance to own this classic for myself, when suddenly, the powers that be at Square decided to remake this game for the PSP. Sure, there is very little that has changed from the original to the PSP port in terms of graphics and gameplay, but then again, that isn't so bad now, is it? Especially considering this is one of the best RPGs that came out for the first Playstation. Can't wait till this game's sequel comes out for the PS2 this fall.